Boulder County VOAD Launch Committee
Tuesday, June 16, 3:00-4:30pm
Debrief Tornado Response
- What questions did we have?
- What information do we need that we do not yet have?
- What issues arise when there is a small disaster that does not activate all levels of the
Communications between Boulder OEM/EOC, FHUW and BoCo VOAD
- Who do people call for help? 2-1-1
- After hours? Red Cross in first 72 hours. Do we want other things in place
- Coordinating with neighboring VOADs
- Communicating our plan with COVOAD
- Updates went out to VOAD members – Tiernan
- How is the VOAD activated? What does that mean? What does that look like?
- How do residents contact our VOAD?
What tools are we already using? What is working? What isn’t?
- What do we need to add/change/do differently?
- What needs to be done now? What can the new VOAD staff team member work on?
- Review contact lists.
- Launch Committee List
- VOAD potential membership
- Contact list during a disaster (Red Cross contact, George Cummings)
Next BoCo VOAD Quarterly Meeting
- Date and location set. Confirm time: Wednesday, July 29. 5-6pm or 5:30-6:30pm?
- Plan meeting agenda.
- Who is signed up?
- Who needs to be there? What outreach needs to be done?
Building the VOAD Membership
- Next steps
- Can we sign-up members at the next quarterly meeting? Have a computer on-site?